Bridging healthcare in our community.
Since 1950, the Medical Clinic of Nelson, British Columbia has offered the highest quality medical care at our convenient downtown location. Our mission is to provide comprehensive, patient-focused care through an evidence-based, caring, and collaborative approach.
Information For Patients
Nelson Medical Clinic Services
Clinic services include an IPCC Nurse, Respiratory Services, Pharmacy and Lab to provide a team-based approach and maximize patient care.
If you would like to book an immigration medical exam, please fill out the form here.
- The highest quality medical care
- Inpatient care at Kootenay Lake District Hospital if required
- After-hospital follow-up care
- Skilled prenatal, obstetric and newborn care
- Home visits
- Emergency care for minor injuries
- Minor surgery under local anesthetic
- Medical examinations (including drivers and insurance medicals)
- Knowledgeable, professional and friendly clinic staff
- Convenient downtown location, with ample parking
Booking an appointment
Please be kind and patient, our front staff are trained to help patients and we make every effort to make your experience pleasant and comfortable. Please note that we are completely supportive of our staff and neither the doctor nor management will tolerate any rude or aggressive behavior.
While dealing with the current pandemic is the health care industry’s top priority, it’s important that patients are able to access their family physician to deal with ongoing or emerging medical concerns. Our physicians are able to provide all patients with a telehealth appointment via phone and in person appointments as necessary.
Cancellation / Missed Appointments
We are a very busy clinic. We require no less than 24 hours notice for appointment cancellation.
We do have a cancellation fee based on our no-show policy. You will receive a letter if you have missed 2 appointments to outline this cost.
Confidentiality & Privacy
All of our staff have signed confidentiality agreements and we are dedicated to ensuring patient privacy and confidentiality. We cannot guarantee the privacy of anything sent to us by email so we recommend you contact the office by phone for all inquiries.
COVID-19 Clinic Protocols
Clinic COVID Protocols
- While masks are no longer required provincially in medical facilities, you may still be asked to wear a mask for your appointment depending on your symptoms or health care provider. All visitors will be required to hand sanitizer, or wash their hands upon arrival at Nelson Medical Clinic.
- In order to update our immunization records, we will be asking about your Covid 19 vaccination status.
- Please call 250-352-6611 to reschedule your in-clinic appointment if you have:
- fever and/or chills
- new or worsening cough
- shortness of breath
- sore throat
- new muscle aches
- tested positive for Covid (or are awaiting the results of a Covid test)
- If you feel you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, please go to https://bc.thrive.health/ for a self-assessment, or call 811 for the nurses hotline.
- If you have symptoms and qualify for a Covid test, you can book online.
- If you have been tested for Covid and are looking for your results, log-in to MyHealthPortal , go to www.healthgateway.gov.bc.ca , register for text results by clicking here, or call 1-833-707-2792
- For reliable updates on COVID-19, please visit: BC Centre for Disease Control or Interior Health.
KLH Lab Booking
Life Lab Booking (downstairs at Nelson Medical Clinic)
MyHealthPortal: Get Your KLH Lab and Medical Imaging Results
MyHealthPortal is an online tool that allows Interior Health citizens 24-7 secure access to their personal health information.
View your lab results, medical imaging reports (such as X-Ray, CT, and ultrasound scans), certain transcribed reports, upcoming IH facility appointments, and recent visit history.
Click here to register for MyHealthPortal.
Patient Forms & Resources
We do not renew prescriptions without an appointment.
If you require a prescription refill, please book your appointment at least 2 weeks in advance of need by phoning 250-352-6611.
If you do not currently have a family physician or nurse practitioner
We are not currently accepting new patients.
Patients looking for a family physician should ensure they register on Kootenay Boundary’s Health Connect Registry (Or call 811 to register). The Health Connect Registry is a new region-wide patient registry for people who are looking for a physician or nurse practitioner. All clinic lists are being combined on this registry and patients are being attached to practitioners in chronological order as space becomes available.
Click here to register for the Health Connect Registry, Kootenay Boundary.
Nelson Medical Clinic is a collaboration between medical practitioners with diverse backgrounds, who have in common a passion for providing high quality, accessible, sustainable community health care.
Where To Find Us